Recent Tweets

28 Mar 2013

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP



As I near the end of the online course that gave me the most angst as a student in the PIDP program at the VCC School of Instructor Education, I realize that many obstacles are self-imposed (a wise person's recent comment).

My mindset going into the course was that it would bring me as close to being keel-hauled as I would ever experience.  What a relief that, despite some challenges and a few salt-stung scrapes along the way, I came out on the other side of a falsely perceived barnacled barge under blue skies and with fresh air to spare!

At the end of the day, the amount of learning and growth was measurable in freighter-length scale (it's also a wonderful assurance that the sea monster under the boat is only in your mind).  We often blow things out of proportion and end up with only a wee tempest in a teapot.   I don't want to minimize that while in the teapot, there were moments I felt like a whaler in nor-easterly blow, but happily there was always a fellow classmate or instructor not far away to throw me a life ring.

With this experience now behind me, and a boost of confidence that I can tackle yet more, things are definately looking up!  A final big thank you to my 3240 learning community for all the support and guidance through it all.


2 comments:

Philip said...

Thank you, Loni !

http://justacook.tumblr.com/ said...

Thanks to you too Loni, keep in touch!