Recent Tweets

25 Mar 2013

Schwäbish Smile




My Oma was a great cook.  Never overly fancy, but always LARGE portions of rustic fare with plenty of schmeck (great taste)!


I  love to prepare Swabian dishes that come from the south western part of Germany.  Here, I made Linsen, Kartoffeln und Saiten (lentils, potatoes and sausages).  Normally, this is served with Spätzle, a home-made German noodle, but this time I just boiled up some potatoes in their jackets and then peeled and coarsely mashed them.


The European wieners are fun to eat because the skin cracks as you bite into them. This kind of comfort food is easy to make with simple cheap ingredients and HUGE on flavour.









 






I served this with a cucumber salad made with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and dill weed.




No comments: