Recent Tweets

26 Mar 2013

Doing things that matter ...

I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
What I can do,
I ought to do,
And by the grace of God, I shall do.

Edward Everett Hale




Volunteer for a medical or dental charity group. Seven years ago, I volunteered with Kindness In Action for a week long commitment in Urubamba, Peru.  I went with an open mind and came back truly blessed .....

Below are several charity groups that regulary go overseas.  You can offer your services or simply donate to one of them.  These are "grass roots" organizations that do not have large administrative overhead so your donations are optimized for the need of the citizens.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think going on a dental mission to help those lovely children keep their teeth healthy is a noble deed. Seeing the lovely smiles of those Peruvian kids must have been quite heart warming for you. Maybe someday I'd have the privilege of doing something like this in line with my teaching. You're one poetic hygienist, Loni, and someone with a big heart :)

Unknown said...

thanks Leyvi,if the opportunity ever presents itself, I would encourage you to try a charity/mission trip. You will never regret it...